The temporomandibular joints that connect the jawbone to the skull may become painful when there is damage, malocclusion or stress within the joint. Patients can develop a TMJ disorder from these conditions. Greenway Dental Care treats TMJ in Fayetteville, AR. He addresses TMJ symptoms that can vary from patient to patient. Symptoms can be similar to those of other medical conditions, which may make it difficult to diagnose. However, signs such as jaw and facial pain can be connected to risk factors like misaligned and crooked teeth. Learn more about TMJ below:
Symptoms of TMJ
Look out for these common signs of TMJ disorders:
- Shoulder, neck, facial pain
- Clicking or popping when opening or closing jaw
- Locked jaw or limited mobility in the jaw joint
- Teeth clenching and grinding (bruxism)
- Wear and tear to teeth
- Chronic earaches
If you have noticed any of these symptoms, call Greenway Dental Care today at (479) 217-3178. Greenway Dental Care and his professional team are dedicated to creating a warm and friendly environment for patients of all ages.
Treatments for TMJ Disorders
Before treatment, Greenway Dental Care will complete an assessment of the teeth and gums. He will also take each patient’s goals and budget into account before recommending treatment. Greenway Dental Care offers multiple solutions for TMJ, including:
- Mouthguards/Sleep guards: A sleep guard acts similarly to a mouthguard. It effectively prevents teeth clenching and grinding during sleep. A sleep guard prevents further wear and tear to teeth while allowing the jaw muscles to rest.
- Restorative Dentistry: Patients with an uneven or damaged teeth may need a dental crown or tooth bonding treatment. This corrects the bite and can prevent problems with the jaw and facial pain.
- Orthodontics: Realign crooked or misaligned teeth with options like ClearCorrect. ClearCorrect is a clear aligners system that gradually straightens teeth over time. Realigning teeth can prevent bruxism caused by a crooked bite.
Contact Our Office
Do you think you may have TMJ? If you are a new patient of Greenway Dental Care, call (479) 217-3178 to schedule a consultation. You can also request an appointment with Greenway Dental Care and his professional team online.